Results of the first call for proposals coordinated with the ETH SFA PHRT
During this first call for proposals, a total of 38 applications were received – 16 Infrastructure Development project applications and 22 Driver project applications, including 11 applications that requested co-funding by PHRT and SPHN. The total budget requested for all project applications was CHF 58.6 million.
Based on the recommendation of its International Advisory Board, the National Steering Board of SPHN decided to support 8 Infrastructure Developments projects and 7 Driver projects, of which 3 will be co-funded by SPHN and PHRT, for a total amount of CHF 15.66 million.
Funded projects in 2017
The following projects will be funded fully or in part and for some, funding is subject to certain conditions.
Infrastructure Development Projects
- Development of a governance and quality management system for exchange of patient related data for research purposes. Joerg Willers (USB, UniBS, USZ, UniBE, SCTO)
- E-General-Consent: Development and Implementation of a Nationwide Harmonized Interactive Electronic General Consent. Christiane Pauli-Magnus (USB, UniBS, UKBB, Inselspital, HUG, CHUV, USZ, SCTO, SBP, SwissPedNet)
- C3-STuDY: Citizen Centered Consent: Shared, Transparent and Dynamic. Christian Lovis (HUG, UniGE, CHUV, SBP)
- LOINC for Swiss Laboratories (L4CHLAB). Christian Lovis (HUG, UniGE, Inselspital, CHUV, Hôpital du Valais, SICHH)
- DeID/De-identification of clinical narrative data in French, German and Italian. Christian Lovis (HUG, UniGE, UZH)
- NLP-powered mapping of clinical reports onto SNOMED-CT concepts for tumour classification (NLPforTC). Thomas Fabbro (USB, UniBS, USZ)
- Swiss Variant Interpretation Platform for Oncology (SVIP-O). Daniel Stekhoven (ETHZ, HES-SO, SIB)
- Harmonising the collection of health-related data and biospecimens in paediatric hospitals throughout Switzerland. Claudia Kuehni (UniBE, Inselspital, UZH, UKBB, HUG, CHUV, Cantonal Hospital Aarau, Children’s Hospital of Eastern Switzerland, Ente Ospedaliero Cantonale)
- Swiss Frailty Network and Repository. Heike Bischoff-Ferrari (USZ, Inselspital, Felix Platter Spital, CHUV, HUG)
- Population-wide screens of the human immune repertoire: a reverse personalized-medicine approach. Adriano Aguzzi (USZ, UZH, ETHZ, PSI, UniBS, SIB)
- Swiss Personalized Oncology Driver (SPOD)*. Olivier Michiélin (CHUV, HUG, Inselspital, UniGE, EPFL-SDCD, HES-SO, SAKK)
- Multidisciplinary Multicentre Molecular and Cellular Cancer Consortium (M3C3.CH)*. Mohamed Bentires-Alj (USB, UniBS, USZ, UZH, ETHZ, UniGE, IOR, SIB, Kantonsspital Aarau, Kantonsspital Winterthur, Stadtspital Triemli, Kantonsspital St. Gallen, SICHH, Oncology Institute of Southern Switzerland)
* These projects are funded under the condition they are merged.
Driver Projects co-funded by SPHN and PHRT
- PRECISE: Identification of biomarkers and therapeutic targets in inflammatory disease immunotherapy by high-dimensional single cell analysis and cluster proteomics. Manfred Claassen (ETHZ, CHUV, Inselspital, USB, USZ, UZH)
- Swiss Molecular Pathology Breakthrough Platform (SOCIBP). Mark Rubin(Inselspital, UniBE, ETHZ, HUG, CHUV, USZ)
- PSSS: Personalized Swiss Sepsis Study: Detection and modelling of sepsis using machine learning to analyse continuous ICU monitoring, laboratory, microbiology, and -omics data for personalized sepsis management. Adrian Egli (UniBS, USB, USZ, CHUV, HUG, ETHZ, Inselspital, UniBE)
The list can also be downloaded as PDF.